Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Testing Takeover!
Corporate $ & Influence
Corporate $ and Education
-Gates, Broad, Waltons
-Charters, choice, and closures
-Teach for America: 5 weeks of training
-Why do they want our schools?
-School closures and civil rights
Corporate $ and the
Power to the People
What is to be Done?
How will YOU change the conversation on HIGH STAKES TESTING in our schools?
Continue the Conversation
US Govt. and Education
No Child Left Behind: Testing gr. 3-8; AYP
Race to the Top: Your state gets $ if it...
1. Adopts legislation that allows more charter schools to open
2. Adopts the Common Core State Standards
3. Establishes teacher evaluation
systems with VAM (Value
Added Measurement), aka tied to test scores
Dr. Alison Dobrick: email@example.com
WPUNJ Diversity Conference 2014