Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
SCIENCE INVESTIGATORY PROJECT
Transcript of SCIENCE INVESTIGATORY PROJECT
They all have
They all have an
in their recipe.
Egg yolks and whites
can be used for cooking
Eggshells can be used as a fertilizer.
But, what about the egg membrane?
SCIENCE INVESTIGATORY PROJECT
The Outer Membrane of Chicken (Galus Galus) Egg
as an Alternative and Eco-friendly Paper
of Chicken Egg Be Used in Making
Let us talk more about
In medical fields, it is used as an inhibitor for
It is made up of
If it can be used by scientists to make cartilage inhibitor,
what else can we, the
, do with it?
In Germany, 17 million eggs are used per year.
Imagine how many eggs would be used if this was worldwide.
The Environmental Protection Agency listed "egg" in the top
for industrial damage list on the environment.
Eggshells with membranes attract vermins, costing up to
100,000 USD to solve.
We want to recycle, reuse, and reduce.
We want to benefit from it as well.
Materials: Boiled eggs(12), iron, clothes
1. Separate the shells from the egg.
2. Separate the egg membrane from the shells.
3. Lay down the membrane on the clothes uniformly.
4. Iron until dry.
What went wrong?
1. Removing the egg from the egg shells took time.
2. Removing the egg membrane from the egg shells took time.
3. Laying down irregular pieces of the membrane on the clothes was difficult.
4. Ironing the egg membrane caused it to wrinkle.
1. Separate the egg yolks+white from the egg shell. Set aside.
2. Soak the egg shells in soda for 4-8 hours.
3. Remove the egg shells from the soda and extract the egg membrane.
4. Lay membranes on a wax paper and cover again with wax paper. Flatten out using a rolling pin.
5. Put under 2 heavy flat objects, e.g. books.
1. Removing the egg from the egg shells was easy.
2. Removing the membrane from the egg shells was easy.
3. Laying down big pieces of the membrane to uniformity was easy.
4. The traditional drying process made the paper smooth and presentable.
Uses of this Egg Membrane Paper
Write on it!
USE IT FOR ARTS!
USE IT AS A BANDAGE FOR:
Scratches and Cuts
Blackheads and Pimples
Splinters and Glass Shards
Egg Membranes are very beneficial, yet we keep throwing them away.
Why not use this
With this, we have
reused, reduced, and recycled
a material that is normally discarded. We helped
save money, time, and benefit
from it as well. If many people become aware of this, we can reduce the impact of the eggshell-membrane to the landfills. If all eggs were to be recycled to this, there may be certainty in the possibility that egg membrane paper will replace the common fiber paper.