Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Superfreakonomics: Chapter 3
Transcript of Superfreakonomics: Chapter 3
it questions a person's conscience. In most cases, the average person will be altruistic because the rules force him or her to think they have to or should be altruistic. Tests such as in superfreakonomics show on average that when a person does not have guidelines to follow or no limitations, that person will not be altruistic or less altruistic Possible Solutions to increase Altruistic Actions Reward people with benefits for committing altruistic actions such as pointing out a thief, or assisting the police with crime scenes. Reward a city with many benefits based on the improvement of crime reduction. TeRMS 1. Altruism: The belief in or practice of disinterested and selfless concern for the well-being of others.
2. Cost-Benefit Analysis-A cost benefit analysis is done to determine how well, or how poorly, a planned action will turn out.
3. incentive-something that incites or tends to incite to action or greater effort, as a reward offered for increased productivity.
4.commensurate value: intended to be suitable for the quality, status, or value of someone or something
a pay increase commensurate with job performance.
5. delagation: Grant of authority by one party (the delegator) to another (the delgatee) for agreed purpose(s). Under the legal concept of vicarious liability, the delegator remains responsible for the delegatee's acts or omissions in carrying out the purpose of the delegation.