Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Blended Learning for Blended Learners
Transcript of Blended Learning for Blended Learners
Because some days it feels like this!
Why Blended Learning?
Photos from http://neoshopublicschools.net/
Neosho Middle School
Neosho Jr. High & High School
<iframe src="https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1NaYrzjrya-6d3rm1YzKZ38gXh2MW2s0wZ1ZwYi6cbRE/viewform?embedded=true" width="760" height="500" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0">Loading...</iframe>
Google Forms for Teachers
Aspire Public Schools. " Blended Learning 101", | Aspire Public Schools. Aspire Public Schools, 2013. Web. 18 Nov. 2013. <http://aspirepublicschools.org/sharing-practices/blended-learning/>.
http://digitallearningnow.com/dln-smart-series/ | The Blended Learning Implementation Guide Version 2.0
Twitter https://twitter.com/LearningAccel | Digital Learning Now! (@DigLearningNow) Foundation for Excellence in Education (@ExcelinEd)
ESL forms - progress sheet
ESL form - CCSS record keeping
ESL form - CCSS record keeping spreadsheet
Common core emphasis on research. Students need to know how to find information, determine validity, how to cite the info, and how to incorporate it into their learning. Teacher created evaluation form (google doc) used to evaluate whether the source is reliable.
5 min. video
up to 15 min. of video
Top 10 Key Ingredients
1. Face-to-Face Instruction + Conferences
2. Student-to-Student Collaborations
3. Independent Practice & Online Activities
4. Reinforcement Mechanisms: Wall-Mounted Progress Charts, Milestone Celebrations, Individual Growth, etc.
5. Personal Progress Monitoring: Student Accountability + Ownership + Reflection
6. Assessments: Academically Rigorous | Continually Connected to Common Core & Data Review
7. Data Review: Dedicated Time for Teachers to Analyze Data + Make Adjustments to PLPs
8. Station Support: Materials | Routines | IT | Blended Learning Teaching Assistants
9. Ongoing PD: Tutorials | Instructional Coaching | Online Discussion Board | Best Practices
10. Adaptation: Students-first mindset. Right Tool. Right Time. Right Purpose.
Common core emphasis on research. Students need to know how to find information, determine validity, how to cite the info, and how to incorporate into their learning. Teacher created evaluation form (google doc) used to evaluate whether the source is reliable ( I downloaded evaluating resources form also can look at
Congratulations on becoming an inaugural member of the StoryBots Educator Network. We are so happy to have you!
You can start using StoryBots learning tools in your class today, including the ABC Videos (on the web or for iPad/iPhone), Starring You Videos, Starring You Books, Tap & Sing, Learning Videos, Activity Sheets, and more.
We have LOTS more learning fun in store, so stay tuned for more new content and apps coming soon.
Know of more teachers who would be interested in our offer of free access for educators? Let us know so they can receive an invite code.
Teacher Liaison & Director Strategic Partnerships
StoryBots | JibJab Media Inc.
How to make a Google form
* Blended Learning: definition
*Models of Implementation
*10 Drivers of BL
*Types of BL
*Top 10 Key Ingredients
*Resourses and Examples
Blended Learning for