Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Althea Gibson j.c
Transcript of Althea Gibson j.c
This is the day Gibson tragically died in East Orange, New Jersy
Althea was known for her legacy of being the first African-American tennis player in America.
She started tennis in the 1940's and was chosen for a tennis team in 1955 and won several awards throughout the rest of the 50's.
by Jackson Cole
Althea gibson was born on August 25th, 1927.
She grew up in Silver, South Carolina and lived in Harlem.
Althea had to deal with several barriers.
These barriers include racisim and lack of money.