Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Data Management
is a structured approach for capturing, storing, processing, integrating, distributing, securing, and archiving data effectively throughout its life cycle.
The goal of data management is to provide the infrastructure and tools to transform raw data into usable corporate information of the highest quality.
is a specialized type of database that aggregates data from transaction databases so it can be analyzed.
stores enterprise data that company’s business applications create or generate, such as sales, accounting, and employee data
Data Errors and Inconsistencies
Mistakes and Lost Opportunities
The viability of business decisions depends on access to high-quality data, and the quality of data depends on effective approaches to data management
File Management System
way to store and retrieve information from disk drives; controls how files can be created, accessed, retrieved, and deleted.
Data Access Methods
Sequential File Organization
Database Management System (DBMS)
- a program that provides access to database
- enables many different users to share data and process resources
Major Data Functions
Data filtering and profiling
Data warehouses and regular databases both consist of data tables (files), primary and other keys, and query capabilities.
The main difference is that databases are designed and optimized to store data, whereas data warehouses are designed and optimized to respond to analysis questions that are critical for a business