Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Cornet by Florence Knight
Transcript of The Cornet by Florence Knight
Scales and Arpeggios
There are lots of different scales and arpeggios but my favorite scale is c minor because it sounds like a magic carpet. On the cornet you try to go from quiet to loud when playing them and you have to be able to move your fingers quickly.They can either be slurred or tongued.
Photos and videos
How to play the cornet
You play the cornet by using your lips and stomach muscles. You start by pressing your lips together and making a buzz sound then to get the higher notes you use your muscles and squeeze. There are 3 valves but you can make lots of different notes on the same valve as A and E are both played on valves 1 and 2 and changed by making a different shape with your lips.
On the cornet you change grade about every 2 years and in the exam you will demonstrate scales and arpeggios slurred and tonged, about 3 pieces 2 with piano accompaniment and 1 without, cite reading, and then oral.
By Florence Knight
The cornet, trumpet, french horn, tenor horn, trombone are all well known brass instruments.