Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Parallax
Parallax is the motion of a near star as looked at a far star background, as viewed from the earth as it moves around the sun.
Angular measurement can be subdivided from degrees, to minutes of a degree, to seconds of a degree.
we have defined the distance of 1 parsec (parallax second) as 3.26 ly
If a star is 5.4 ly away, how many seconds of a degree is it motion as we move around the sun?
If an astronomer measures the movement of a near star to shift .00000123 rad using parallax motion, how far away is that star?