Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
South American Plate
Transcript of South American Plate
by Stephan Kusek
The south American Plate includes all of south America and some of the southern Atlantic Ocean.
South American Continent
Folded mountains, ocean trenches, and ocean ridges.
The South American Plate has
Oceanic and Continental Crusts
NAZCA PLATE, AFRICAN PLATE, AND CARIBBEAN PLATE
Are the three major plates that border the South American Plate.
Types of Crust
Tectonic Plate Location
The Nazca Plate is subducting under the South American Plate. The boundary between the African Plate and the South American Plate is a divergent boundary.
The South American Plate is moving at more than 15 cm/yr.
Two Interesting Facts
1. The center of the South American Plate is the city of Brazilla, in Brazil.
2. The Andes Mountains run along the Western Coast of South America, and there are many active volcanos in three main areas.