Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Leprosy
loss of fingers and toes
eye problems (lead to blindness)
enlarged nerves Symptoms global cases at the beginning of 2011 stood at 192,246 cases worldwide
pockets of high endemicity exist in some areas of Angola, Brazil, Central African Republic, Democratic Republic of Congo, India, Madagascar, Mozambique, Nepal, and Tanzania Incidence Structure of pathogen Life Cycle WHO recommend a Multi Drug Treatment (MDT) of using rifampicin, clofazimine, and dapsone for multibacillary Leprosy
Another MDT treatment for Paucibacillary Leprosy consists of rifampicin and dapsone
Patients are no longer infectious after the first monthly dose; no known resistance to MDT
Vacceine was developed in 1988 by Jacinto Convit who combined tuberculosis vaccines with Mycobacterium Leprae