Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Empathy
There are 2 types of Empathy:
- Affective Empathy: Our natural emotional response to another person's feelings
- Cognitive Empathy: Our ability to identify and understand other people's emotions. This is also called 'perspective - taking'.
Having cognitive empathy makes you more likely and better able to help others
Why is it important to be able to take others' perspectives?
- Builds stronger relationships
- Reduces prejudice and racism
- Makes you better leader
This video discussed a lot of current and historical social issues and movements - it's OK if you didn't understand or remember all of them
The ability to understand and share the feelings of another
Remember - Cognitive empathy, or actively working to understand the experiences of others, can be an important agent for social change.
Now it's time to think about your experiences with empathy: