Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Empathy
There are 2 types of Empathy:
- Affective Empathy: Our natural emotional response to another person's feelings
- Cognitive Empathy: Our ability to identify and understand other people's emotions. This is also called 'perspective - taking'.
Having cognitive empathy makes you more likely and better able to help others
Why is it important to be able to take others' perspectives?
- Builds stronger relationships
- Reduces prejudice and racism
- Makes you better leader
This video discussed a lot of current and historical social issues and movements - it's OK if you didn't understand or remember all of them
The ability to understand and share the feelings of another
Remember - Cognitive empathy, or actively working to understand the experiences of others, can be an important agent for social change.
Now it's time to think about your experiences with empathy: