Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Subliminal Advertising
Recognition Threshold: Level that a message can be detected as well as being recognized in the subconscious
Differential Threshold: Level where there is an increase in recognizing messages in the subconscious
Terminal Threshold: Level that the subliminal message can no longer be understood in the
subconscious SUBLIMINAL ADVERTISING BY: MARIO PRAINITO
LOUIS PEARLMAN HOW IT WORKS The 4 Different
Thresholds... - Most effective when below an individual's threshold for conscious perception - The message must be received by a person's subconscious - This is a type of subliminal advertisement called inversion.
- Inversion is simply taking an image and flipping it upside-down.
- The new image now has an alternative meaning. -Thomas Nast made the original Santa Claus
-The image of Santa Claus was originally black and white, but Nast changed it to red and white
-In the 1930s, Coca-Cola popularized Santa Claus even more since his colors were already red and white
-Coca-Cola associates with Christmas, which involves an overall feeling of happiness George Bush's campaign advertisement (Year 2000) Birth of Subliminal Advertising:1957 -James Vicary inserted the words "Eat Popcorn" and "Drink Coca-Cola" into a movie.
-The words appeared for a single frame, long enough for the subconscious to pick up, but too short for the viewer to be aware of it.
-The subliminal ads supposedly created an 18.1% increase in Coke sales and a 57.8% increase in popcorn sales. THE END!