Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
New Jersey v. TLO
Transcript of New Jersey v. TLO
T.L.O. appeals her conviction. Appellate Division of New Jersey finds no 4th Amendment violation.
Juvenile Court of New Jersey
T.L.O is held to be a delinquent on the basis of evidence from the search of the purse and her confession. She is sentenced to one year of probation.
The Supreme Court of New Jersey
T.L.O. appeals the Appellate Divisions 4th amendment ruling to the Supreme court of New Jersey. The court overturns the conviction and holds the search to be a Violation of T.L.O. 4th amendment rights.
Supreme Court of the US
We as the Supreme Court rule for Choplick The Vice Principal of the school because he is a official of the school and because he found illegal drugs in his search.
T.L.O.'s real name was Tracy Lois Odem. Her name was not released until much later after T.L.O. vs. New Jersey was brought to court.
New Jersey vs TLO
How it moved through court
Marijuana that was found in T.L.O.'s purse