Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Carolina Herrera
2. "Carolina Herrera (fashion designer)." Wikipedia. 1/22/2010 <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carolina_Herrera_%28fashion_designer%29>.
3. Kotur, Alexandra. "Carolina Herrera: Portrait of a Fashion Icon." Online Image. Amazon. No date. 1/24/2010 <http://www.amazon.com/Carolina-Herrera-Portrait-Fashion-Icon/dp/2843236231>.
4. Stam, Jessica. Carolina-Herrera Designer. Fashion Model Directory. 1/24/2010 <http://www.fashionmodeldirectory.com/designers/carolina-herrera/>.
5. Mueller, Brianne . Herrera, Carolina. Free Info Society. 1/24/2010 <http://www.freeinfosociety.com/article.php?id=365>. Carolina Herrera (born María Carolina Josefina Pacanins y Niño) is a fashion designer born on January 8, 1939 in Caracas, Venezuela. Herrera's first language was Spanish, as Spanish is Venezuela's official language. Herrera was born to a very prominent family, and from a long line of landowners and statesmen. Her parents, Guillemmo and Maria Cristina Pacanins raised her in posh
surroundings, she was very well-off. Her mother had a "cultivated aura" that Herrera loved. "She was very strict, but not in a loud way, there was a time and place for everything. I have carried that with me all my life." When Herrera was 13, she visited Paris and went to a Balenciaga fashion show with her grandmother. This sparked her interest in fashion, and has been named by herself as an influence of how she looks at clothes. In 1980, Herrera created a "test" fashion collection, which she presented to Diana Vreeland, fashion editor. Vreeland liked her collection, and this positive reaction caused Herrera to move to New York and form Carolina Herrera, Ltd. at 40 years old. Herrera was Jackie Onassis Kennedy's exclusive designer for twelve years. Herrera describes her designs as chic and glamourous. She said, "I love the idea of elegance and intricacy, but whether it is in a piece of clothing or a fragrance, the intricacy must appear as simplicity."
By: Haley Mathews Herrera is a Hispanic fashion designer who is wildly popular among celebrities, and everyday people. She has taken her knowledge of fashion from Venezuela and created a line of fashions and fragrance that puts the talents of a Latina in the public eye, influencing other Hispanics to start their own fashion lines. sources: