Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Global warming
- Food miles
- Al Gore
- "Frischer Wind für Frachter"
- Carbon footprint
"Frischer Wind für Frachter"
- increase in the Earth's temperature
caused by human activities
- Greenhouse gases form a blanket around the Earth
=> trapping heat and raising temperatures, change the climate
Al Gore - An Inconvenient Truth
- film about Al Gore's campaign to educate citizens about global warming
-> presented throughout the world
- mixture of scientific facts, cartoons and one man show ('RTL compassion item')
- effect of global warming for us
=> "we can make choices to bring our individual carbon emissions to zero"
Michael Engel, DCRS Online AG Inc.,2007
- towing kite drive system
-> a big kite were installed at the front of the freighter
-> reduce fuel costs by optimal wind direction
- away from the dependence of the ever increasing oil price
=> method to reduce the emissions of the crossings caused by the globalisation
organic trade is helping millions of Africans (way out of poverty)
without the organic certification would threaten livelihoods of poor farmers
transport of food is only one aspect
energy to produce it close at home can be higher than energy used for transport
"the distance food is transported from the plough to the plate"
not only costly financially growing source of
greenhouse gas emissions
4 - 10 times more Carbondioxid emitted as for local food
eat local food in the saison
lower Carbondioxid emitted for transport
lower Carbondioxid emitted for storage
conflict between social and ecology aspects
the total sets of greenhouse gas emissions caused by an organization, event, product or person
greenhouse gases can emitted through:
the production (of food, manufactured goods
: organic food from Africa transported to Europe by air, contributing to global warming ("food miles")
which is transported to europe by air