Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
What is biology?
Transcript of What is biology?
2. Describe Biology as a Science.
3. Describe data as it relates to Biology.
ology= Study of
What Is Biology?
Biology is the study of Life.
What are the branches of biology?
3 main Branches
Types of Data
Observe the world and take notes to answer a specific question.
Example- What % of people will pick up a quarter if they walk within 5 feet of it?
Quantitative- Empirical (measurement)
Make direct measurements of answer a specific question.
Example- What is the average length of a fishing worm at maturity?
Biology is the study of life.
There are 3 branches of Biology
Biologist take different types of data.