Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
More than One.
Transcript of More than One.
2.How does knowing the rules of irregular plural nouns useful in Language Arts? Essential Questions a person, place, thing, or idea. What is a noun? What does it mean
if a noun is plural? What does it mean
if a noun is singular? For most nouns, you simply add an s to the singular noun to make it plural.
flower- flowers Most of the time.... Add ES to nouns ending in S, X, CH, SH, or Z Examples:
wolf- wolves Change f to v and add es Examples:
story - stories
party - parties
city- cities Drop the Y and add IES Only one. Plural means many or more than one Examples:
dish-dishes For nouns ending in y, with a vowel before the y, just add s. Add s to words
ending in a vowel + y Examples:
toy- toys Add s or es to words ending in o. Examples:
zero - zeroes
echo - echoes Some words become completely different words. Examples:
child - children Remember: learning the rules takes practice Which is what we will do today! 1. mouse
5. hero Examples:
octopus- octopi Some plural nouns become completely different words
or have special endings.