Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Student CM 380 Physiological Effects
Transcript of Student CM 380 Physiological Effects
Physiological Effects of Media Consumption
Catharsis vs. Arousal
Modeling: vicarious learning
Bandura's Social Learning Theory
Jackass Story: video clip
How to kill a prostitute
Note: not simple mimicry
Portrayals of Torture
Catharsis = relief/release
Arousal = continued stimulation
Strong stimulation can carry over from one emotion to another
Overtime, one loses sensation
Cognitive pathways are created as a result of exposure to repeated stimulation that influence behavior.
motivation to increase stimulus