Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Sewage Pollution
Human sewage largely consists of excrement from toilet-flushing; waste water from bathing, laundry, and dishwashing; and animal and vegetable matter from food preparation that is disposed through an in-sink garbage disposal. Example 1 --Canada flushes some 200 billion liters of raw sewage directly into natural waterways every year, from the St. Lawrence River to the Strait of Juan de Fuca and the Pacific Ocean. That’s only about 6 percent of sewage Canadians produce annually. Solutions -Enforce existing laws, such as The Clean Water Act which called for "zero discharge of pollutants into navigable waters by 1985, swimmable waters by 1983."
-Eliminate "straight pipes," outflow pipe from their house's plumping system straight to the nearest creek
- Instituting a tax on citizens’ sewer bills to help fund the upgrade of the state’s aging treatment plants. By: Justin, Chis, Emery, Dana --Two sites of the New York Bight have been used for sewage sludge disposal exclusively: the 12-mile site and the 106-mile site/Deepwater Municipal Sludge Dump Site (DMSDS).
--It has affected the health of fish and other marine animals.
ex-Sewage sludge dumping has caused lobsters to develop shell disease -Disease-causing microbes are the primary human health risk in sewage-contaminated waters, and the main cause of recreational beach closures.
-Seafood contaminated by sewage-related pathogens sickens untold numbers of people worldwide.
-Excessive algae and weed growth, and diminished biodiversity Problems of Sewage Pollution Example 2