Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
WOWCat Prezi Presentation
Transcript of WOWCat Prezi Presentation
* fair,trade gift for Morgan's
B-day Geo-location & GPS services Notes Integration of Non-profit Missions & Services with Digital Eco-systems Promotes Sustainable Living, Generates Value-add The Whole Other World Catalog This is doable! (cc) photo by Metro Centric on Flickr (cc) photo by jimmyharris on Flickr (cc) photo by Metro Centric on Flickr Drop off batteries @ Lowe's/recycle extend & more effectively communicate organizational missions Challenge: to build technically accessible and affordable IT capabilities in support of non-profit missions an alternative IT narrative for non-profits Requirements
Common design conventions for web and mobile services:
- online micro-payments
- GPS links
- multi-media story-telling
Common info toxonomies for:
- org mission statements
- volunteer services
- donor services
- fair trade/eco-friendly retail
- recycling activities/services Just say no to reinventing the wheel, non-profits pay redundant costs for core IT services that all need.
Enough with market models are evil. Let's use IT to brand, merchandise and yes, sell sustainable living, fair trade, etc.
Adopting IT conventions will limit some options, but will also lower IT development and support costs and extend technical capabilities to smaller orgs - extend reach of everyone's message. CAF-volunteer 3:00pm oops- search WOWCat for shelter near foodbank - clothes in back seat get gas & bike tire fixed while on east side. consistent user interface designs on websites, PCs, tablets & mobile devices, and across organizations helps/enhance experience of donors, volunteers, shoppers who navigate your org's website or app... Shared technical conventions support cost-effective, technically sustainable platforms to deliver non-profit missions and services via video and interactive media mobile computing social media mobile
micro-payments low-cost distribution of rich media digital technology: threat to non-profit mind-share or wellspring of opportunity?