Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
North Carolina: Piedmont Region
Transcript of North Carolina: Piedmont Region
Why People Settled Here?
The fall line, with its waterfalls and rapids, made traveling on rivers difficult and discouraged migration into the Piedmont from the Coastal Plain. But once settlers began arriving in the Piedmont, they came in great numbers and helped make North Carolina's population grow rapidly.
How did settlers use the land?
They use and wheat and tobacco for use and for export. They raised livestock and drove them in large numbers to northern markets. Also they used the seeds and crops that were grown there.
Map of the State
Piedmont Region is Red.
There are 4.457 million people living in the Piedmont Region.
The Piedmont Plateau is focused more on manufacturing, industry and