Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Social Justice Hero
Transcript of Social Justice Hero
Mrs.Cheney Martin Luther King Jr. Biography Quotes The name of my social justice hero is Marin Luther King Jr. Martin Luther King Jr was transformed into a African-American by the African-American Baptist Church. He was born on January 15, 1929. He past away on April 4, 1968. He was a preacher who fought for civil rights and against discrimination. Help get equal rights between White people and Black people. Helped free the slaves. He basically talked to America about equality which eventually helped free the slaves. Martin Luther King Jr. spoke out for justice to African Americans, for an end to racial discrimination, and against the laws that embodied it and the many unconscious behaviors and assumptions that were supported by those laws. Racial discrimination in the USA had resulted in deaths, and the despair and hopelessness of generations. He also was a great person because what he did for us made a huge difference in America. HE MADE A DIFFERENCE! Key Accomplishments Due to Martin Luther King Jr's accomplishments, now black and white people do not fight or have any discrimination among each other. Also, he fought for civil right for black people and now black people don't get treated the way that were getting treated back in the day. but still there is racism and people still make fun of people. Also, his accomplishments have changed so many people's lives because now people actually have a right. Some lasting effects that Martin Luther King Jr. had was that he made a difference for all the black people and now black people have a right to fight for them self. Key Results In my Opinion, Martin Luther King Jr. i a social justice hero because he made a difference in this world and whoever makes a difference in this world is considered a social justice hero to me. I think because all of the black people that suffered in the past now get have a right and now black people do not get treated inappropriate due to the fact what Martin Luther King Jr. did. Now I believe that anyone can make a difference if you put your mind to it. He fought for the rights of African Americans and many people, blacks as well as whites, supported him. Why is Martin Luther King Jr. a Social Justice Hero "I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character".
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that".
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy". THE END! Facts About Martin Luther King Jr. - Did you that Martin Luther King Jr's real name was Michael King Jr.
- Did you know that Martin Luther King Jr. was a Baptist minister and social activist, who led the Civil Rights Movement in the United States from the mid-1950s
- At the age of 12, he seems to have tried to commit suicide. It was May of 1941 when his grandmother passed away after a heart attack. At the time of this event, King Jr. was off disobeying his parents by going to watch a parade when they told him not too. When he came home and learned his grandmother had died, he went upstairs and jumped from the second story window of his house.
- King Jr. skipped two grades in high school, 9th and 11th, and entered college (Moorehouse College) at the tender age of 15 in 1944. By 19, he received a bachelor’s degree in sociology.
- His house was once bombed. This was during the Montgomery Bus Boycott, which lasted a total of 385 days