Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Length contraction
Moving objects are smaller
Similar to time dilation, the trick is who is measuring the 'moving'
We define proper Length as a length that is measured at rest.
There is a trick about the measurement of an object that is moving, for then the moving object (spaceship or cargo) is at rest in the moving reference frame.
Proper length = measurement is at rest relative to the object being measured
contracted length = measurement is made moving between the object being measured
Proper Length is always longer than contracted length
The distance to the next major galaxy is 2.5 million ly away. A dreamer thinks he can design a space ship that can reach .9995 c. How far away will andromeda be to the crew of this ship?
How long would it take them to get there?