Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Public Speaking/Construction of a Presentation
Transcript of Public Speaking/Construction of a Presentation
Formal and more socially important than everyday conversation.
Is it necessary?
Why is public speaking
Know your material
Know the Audience
Know the Room
Visualize yourself giving your speech
Realize the people want you to succeed
Concentrate on the message - not the medium
Constructing a Presentation
Grab audience attention quickly. Speaker has 90 seconds to capture the interest of the audience.
Make your main points
Don't try too much
Use transitional devices to show the connection between ideas.
10% of speech
Summarize/re-emphasize main points
Use suitable ending.
Informative Public speaking:
Personal and Professional success, as well as safety and survival depend on successful communication of facts and knowledge.
Make audience want to keep listening.
How to Hook:
Approaches to preparing the body:
10 Biggest Public Speaking Mistakes:
1. Starting with a whimper 6. Using someone else's stories
2. Attempting to imitate other speakers 7. Speaking without passion
3. Failing to work the room 8. Ending speech with a question
4. Failing to use relaxation techniques 9. Failing to prepare
5. Reading a speech word for word 10. Failure to recognize public
speaking is an acquired skill