Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Measuring Family Progress in HeadStart
Transcript of Measuring Family Progress in HeadStart
Family Development: Meet families where they are
The beginning of the
: initial meeting with family
Start with the 'basics':
understanding the family composition & key players in the child's life
is the status of the family members'...
- financial situation?
- means of transportation?
observing the home environment
: establishing times when family advocate can visit, understanding frequency of check-ins
: understanding the importance of family stabilization for child(ren)'s success
do the parent & child(ren) interact?
Understanding & defining
-- What are the logical next steps?
things that can be observed which show progress
shows action towards progress
step reached to proves progress
Defining Success & Understanding Progress
What does Family stabilization look like?
The Head Start Model:
A Case Management Approach
- Early Childhood Education
- Family Support
- Comprehensive services
(Health, disabilities, transportation)
- School Readiness
- Family Stabilization
Establishing a baseline: supporting the development of child(ren) & family....together!
Parent, Family, Community Engagement Framework
- How far has the family come?
- Is the child school ready?
- Have the family outcomes been met?
How do you know?
"It takes a village" approach
The BIG picture
- BIG implications for Head Start
- BIG applications beyond project
- BIGGER context of HS model
(regional, national, global)