Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Measuring Family Progress in HeadStart
Transcript of Measuring Family Progress in HeadStart
Family Development: Meet families where they are
The beginning of the
: initial meeting with family
Start with the 'basics':
understanding the family composition & key players in the child's life
is the status of the family members'...
- financial situation?
- means of transportation?
observing the home environment
: establishing times when family advocate can visit, understanding frequency of check-ins
: understanding the importance of family stabilization for child(ren)'s success
do the parent & child(ren) interact?
Understanding & defining
-- What are the logical next steps?
things that can be observed which show progress
shows action towards progress
step reached to proves progress
Defining Success & Understanding Progress
What does Family stabilization look like?
The Head Start Model:
A Case Management Approach
- Early Childhood Education
- Family Support
- Comprehensive services
(Health, disabilities, transportation)
- School Readiness
- Family Stabilization
Establishing a baseline: supporting the development of child(ren) & family....together!
Parent, Family, Community Engagement Framework
- How far has the family come?
- Is the child school ready?
- Have the family outcomes been met?
How do you know?
"It takes a village" approach
The BIG picture
- BIG implications for Head Start
- BIG applications beyond project
- BIGGER context of HS model
(regional, national, global)