Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Negative effects of cigarette smoking
Transcript of Negative effects of cigarette smoking
Do you know anyone who smokes cigarettes?
Cigarettes have a very negative effect on your health
Nicotine is a stimulant that is one of the most addictive drug being four times more addictive than opiates
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder
- Lung cancer
- Heart disease
- Birth defects
- bad breath
- 19% of Americans smoke, that is 43.5 million people
- 40,000 Americans die each year due to cigarette smoke
How people get hooked and why they smoke
- People insinuate cigarettes with fitting in
- Drinking as well as more social interactions will put you in a position where you could smoke
- Being the only one not smoking can pressure you
- Since a lot of the addiction comes from knowing and seeing people who do it, it is easy to imagine that parents or friends that smoke usually have kids that grow up to smoke.
- It is hard to say no when it appears to be a norm
A lot of people use smoking as a way of calming down and relaxing even though it stimulates your body by raising your heart beat
Short term, long term, and Death
- awful breath
- yellowish teeth and fingers
- continuous cough
- reduction in taste and smell
- weaker immune system
- higher chances of catching a cold or flu
- reduced potency in men
- reduced fertility in women
- negative effects on pregnant women and their baby
- Cancer ( lung, mouth, throat, stomach, bladder, cervix, etc)
- lung disease
- heart disease
- cardiovascular disease
- heart stroke
- circulatory problems
- premature aging
Knowing the side effects of smoking and what it can cause to your health helps you avoid ever starting.
Life style changes
- working out
- keeping yourself away from family and friends that smoke
- exploring new hobbies,
- staying occupied mentally and physically
Therapy and medication
There are a lot of treatments and medications out there that help you wean off smoking such as patches, chantix, and chewing gum to name a few
Many forms of therapy exist such as hypnosis and or seeing a psychiatrist
If you are a cigarette smoker and you are trying to quit dont give up, thousands of people quit and never go back each year and the numbers are going down.
Don't be apart of the negative statistics.
Perhaps a lot of this information pertaining to cigarette smoking has been rehashed several times before to you, but like most information we learn we normally do not retain the majority of it. As a part of this informative speech i would also like to point out that it is important to relay information again and again.
I believe cigarette smoking is a horrible thing to consider doing and I hope this information has provided you with knowledge but I also do not want this to be perceived as an intrusion on someone's free judgement