Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of The Mycenaeans
"A Warrior People"
The Death Mask of Agamemnon
- Named after the archaeological site of
- Came from southern Russia
- Kings built
or citadels on hilltops
(large) walls used to protect the villagers in times of danger
- Chief feature was the
, a square meeting and entertainment hall
Who were the Mycenaeans?
Reconstruction of Mycenae
- Strong, ruling class and clearly distinguished from the common people.
or King - political and religious leader.
- Below him -
who looked after administrative duties.
, the head of the army - responsible for security and protection of the people
- Produced cereals, olive oil + wine
- Herbs, spices, + honey also cultivated.
- Land divided into estates worked by tenants
- Sheep + goats grazed for wool and milk.
- Goods and produce exported esp. olive oil.
- Herders and hunters using chariots.
- Imitated Minoan gold and bronze (metallurgy).
- Textiles (wool, fiber, flax etc)
- Kept written records (Linear B)-deciphered, unlike Linear A (6000 tablets)
Kafkania Pebble (1700BC)
Ruins of Mycenae c.1300BC
Tholos or Beehive Tombs
Who were they?
Where did they come from?
What did they accomplish?
What happened to them?