Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Voltaire
The major influences on Voltaire's thinking were:
They influenced him to think that it shouldn't be religion that rules, but law. He believed in religious tolerance, when you practice your religion, in your own personal way.
Major Politrical Arguments
Voltaire influenced colonial American Thinkers. They demanded that freedom of religion and speech be included in the U.S. Bill of Rights.
"To be governed by law is a man's more cherished right."
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to death your right to say it."
Voltaire presented the following arguments in his writings:
People must be governed by law, not religion
There must be freedom of speech
And there must be freedom of religion
The French Thinker
Teachers’ Curriculum Institute.
History Alive! The Medieval World and Beyond.
Palo Alto: Teachers’ Curriculum Institute, 2011. Print.