Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Hurricane Joan
Hurricane Joan took place in the Caribbean and Central America.
Hurricane Joan made landfall on October 22, 1998.
It was a category 4 hurricane. Caused massive flooding in the Caribbean and Central America. About $2 million in damage. Widespread suffering and economic issues.
Wind speeds up to 145 mph.
There was 200+ deaths.
1. Joan was renamed Marriam when it crossed into the Pacific Ocean.
2. Last storm for both the 1988 Atlantic and Pacific oceans hurricane season.
3. Path was highly unusual.
4. It was unusual because it survived the passage from the Atlantic to
5. When is was all over, it left 110+ people unaccounted for.
6. Columbia had $1 million+ in damage.
7. Nicaragua had the most casualties, with 148-248 deaths.
8. Made landfall in Bluefields, Nicaragua.
9. Developed off the coast of Africa on October 5th.
10. Nicaragua had $751.1 million in damage.