Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Introduction to Farewell to Manzanar
Transcript of Introduction to Farewell to Manzanar
How would you feel about the government if they relocated your family because of your nationality or ancestry?
views on the war
Franklin D. Roosevelt
Executive Order 9066
US War Department authorization to relocate Japanese-Americans from their homes to "camps" in California
"Camps" vs. "Prison"
110,000 Japanese-Americans uprooted from their homes
two thirds of the prisoners were US citizens
IN THE FISHING INDUSTRY A
THREAT TO NATIONAL SECURITY?
7 years old
Relocated to camp during WWII
Story of a family...
What does internment mean?
-the state of being confined
map of Manzanar
What did they see
as they arrived?
NON-FICTION = REAL
aSK YOURSELF: WHAT DOES THIS SAY ABOUT PEOPLE IN GENERAL?
MAKE CONNECTIONS: HAVE YOU SEEN THINGS LIKE THIS BEFORE? EVER? TODAY?
wHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHT, QUESTIONS, REACTIONS?
fAREWELL TO mANZANAR