Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Emotional Intelligence (EI)
Transcript of Emotional Intelligence (EI)
What is Emotional Intelligence all about?
EI is an assortment of abilities and skills that can help you successfully manage your personal and professional life.
It enables you to:
Know yourself on a deeper level
Control your emotions
Show empathy with the feelings of others
Use social skills in an effective and pleasant way.
A Question of Culture
In the Victoria period emotion was linked to hysteria.
For many years, emotion was a '
Urban and workplace environments became a dangerous place to be
Emotional Intelligence at Work
Mindfulness vs. Emoting
Using Emotional Intelligence
when it comes
IQ vs EI
Using emotional reasoning:
being able to enhance rather than restrict your thinking.
Assertiveness vs Confrontation
Empathy vs. Sympathy
understanding yourself and others
Being in Control
of your own thoughts emotions and needs
and self-motivated, particularly in the face of setbacks
being able to put yourself in others' shoes
to build productive relationships
for your life.
enough to get results
Take time for
thoughts into your mind