Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Biodiversity Assignment
Biodiversity is the variation of life forms within a given species, ecosystem or biome. It’s measured by attempting to keep track of the loss of different types of habitats in the environment.
2) Find real life examples of what high biodiversity can do for an ecosystem.
- Will protect living sources
- Economy in the long run
- Provides enjoyable places to relax and learn from
- Provides us with resources such as food and clean drinking water
3) Find examples of how a lack of biodiversity can negatively affect an ecosystem
- It can have minor effects on biomass and also the amount of living matter.
- Health could be at risk
- Loss of access to fresh water
- Access to food
- Vulnerability to natural disasters
- Loss of genetic diversity, species and damage to habitats
4) Identify the 5 main threats of biodiversity (HIPPO) and draw or find pictures representing a specific example of each.
- Habitat Loss
- Invasive/non-native species
- Overuse of resources
- Global warming and environmental changes
Thank you for reading!
I hope you enjoyed this
Prezi on Biodiversity!