Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Ancient Egypt
Mrs. Abdelhadi's 6th grade class
Time traveling expedition!
While cleaning out our messy classroom closet, you find a big dusty, odd-looking machine. After pressing a few buttons you realize it's a time machine set to go to ancient Egypt!!!
Are you ready for an adventure? Quick, hop in!
Once the machine kicks up, you notice instructions written on the side...
It reads "This time machine will only transport you back if you can write your name in hieroglyphics. You will be given the tools you need while on this journey but you MUST complete the tasks ahead."
There's no turning back now. You must pay close attention or you may never make it back...
For your third and final task, you will need to think critically about what you have discovered and explored in Ancient Egypt. Be sure to gather your evidence.
1. Let's discuss our time travel journey with each other on our online "Travel Board." Please create a written composition describing four facts that you found most interesting or useful. What makes it interesting to you? Do you think these have contributed in any way to modern day today? You must comment on at least two other posts from your classmates.
2. With a partner, create a visual "glog" of your journey to Ancient Egypt.
Here's how you will be graded on the online discussion post:
Grade levels: 5-6 (Ages 11-13)
This lesson complies with the following ISTE Standards for Students:
1. Creativity and Innovation
2. Communication and Collaboration
3. Research and Information Fluency
4. Critical Thinking, Problem solving and decision Making
5. Digital Citizenship
6. Technology Operations and Concepts
And also the following Common Core State Standards:
6.EE.2, 6.EE.3, 6.NS.5, 6.NS.6, 6.NS.7, 6.G.1, 6.G.2, 6.G.3 6.G.4, 6.SP.2, 6.SP.3
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.Writing: WHST.6-8.1, 6-8.2, 6-8.3, 6-8.4, 6-8.5,6-8.6, 6-8.7, 6-8.8, 6-8.9, 6-8.10.
Reading: CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RI.6.1, RI.6.2, RI.6.3, RI.6.4, RI.6.5, RI.6.6, RI.6.7, RI.6.8, RI.6.9, RI.6.10
Explore and research important aspects of Ancient Egyptian history. While on your journey, think critically about ways in which Ancient Egypt has influenced modern day civilization.
In your first task, you will watch a short video on Ancient Egypt's history. After watching the video, you will be directed to an interactive map that will help you to further explore historical sites.
Next, you will read about pharaohs, pyramids and hieroglyphics. You will demonstrate your knowledge through interactive exercises and games.
Finally, you will document your one-day journey in our online "Travel board," you should include four fun facts that you have learned. Based on your journey, also discuss at least one way in which Ancient Egyptians have influenced modern day society. In addition, you will work in pairs to create an online "Glog," exhibiting what you have learned.
Welcome to Ancient Egypt!
1. In order to complete your first task, you must learn about Ancient Egypt's rich history. To help you get started, please watch this video:
Now let's take a closer look by visiting some historical sites found here:
2. For your second task, you will :
Learn about the role of Pharaoh:
Get to know some famous Pharaohs:
Read about and visit the Great Pyramids of Giza:
Do you think you've got what it takes to build a pyramid? See how well you do with the pyramid builder game
Read about Ancient Egyptian Writing called Hieroglyphics and use the Hierogenerator to write your name:
(You will need to print it out in order to complete your journey)
For your Glog poster: The "Winning team" will be selected based on star ratings given by each of you through an online survey:
Congratulations class! You completed all the tasks and made it back just in time. If you'd like to know more about Egypt, go to this site:
Now that we discovered a cool time machine, where shall we visit next??