Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Laban Movements
Connection to Acting
Creating a character, What mannerisms do you create?
Expression of your character's feelings. How do you play sad, mad, or in love?
Use of nonverbal communication, make your acting more "realistic"
What are Laban Movements?
A method and language for describing, visualizing, and interpreting all varieties of human movement.
What makes up the Laban Movements?
1) Body- How much/little of your body are you using? What part?
2) Effort- Are you going full force or slowly ascending?
3) Shape - What shape are you making? Pointed? Rounded?
4) Space- How much space are you taking up?
Why do we use Laban Movements?
It is used as a tool by dancers, actors, musicians , athletes and is one of the most widely used systems of human movement analysis today.
Lets try them!
Lets try them!
Welcome to class!
Please put your backpack under your chair and get ready to move!
How did you feel when:
You were FIST PUMPING at a party?
DRIVING a motorcycle?
WALKING in space?
While you were:
FIST PUMPING at a party, you were making
DRIVING a motorcycle, you were making
THROWING paint, you were making
WALKING in space, you were making
Why did we just do this?
Try _____ing with
your fingers, hands, arms,
Have a great
Please put the room back together,
Mr. Albarran says:
- Mr. Albarran
There are 8 efforts total. 4 Heavy and 4 light
Before we begin:
onversation: Level 0 (during activity)
elp: Raise your hand
ctivity: Follow careful instructions
ovement: Safe movement
articipation: Daily Grade
We will work with a partner to create a
acting scene incorporating movement.
Reccieve a partner
Choose a story to tell
Find a song that represents the same mood/ story
Use Laban efforts to tell the story
You will have two chairs or a couch to work with and around
Scene musy have a clear message
Scene must have a clear Beggining, middle, end
The song must be the only thing heard (silent acting)
Lets take a look at theme and movements