Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Basanth
Where is it celebrated today?
Who celebrates it?
The Indians celebrate it.
How long does the celebration last?
Basant Panchami is a holiday known for to mark the arrival of spring.
It also celebrates the birthday of the goddesss Saraswati.
The celebration lasts only 1 day.
Most of the primitive Indian civilisation during the Aryan period development took place along the banks of the River Saraswati.
River Saraswati began to be associated with fertility and knowledge. Since then the day began to be celebrated.
yellow is the color associated with the festival
Children and adults fly kites on this day to celebrate freedom and enjoyment.
young children begin learning on this day, which is the reason why school starts in March.
Sweets with a yellow hue are distributed.
people donate books to the poor.