Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Sinkholes
- destroys buildings and land
- lose jobs
In Tangerine, the sinkhole was a problem for Lake Windsor Middle School because it destroyed the portables the students had classes in. This led to dirt, mud, and broken pieces all over the place.
Causes of Sinkholes
- erosion of soil
-lack of water
- constant contact with water
In Tangerine, a sinkhole occurred at Lake Windsor Middle School because of a long and heavy downpour of rain. This caused the soil to erode away forming a sinkhole.
Solutions for Sinkholes
- avoid construction around wetland or after storm
- construct foundation
I feel like the best solution is underpinning because it’s the cheapest and most efficient way.
Impact of sinkholes
- state financial issue
In the novel, Tangerine, the sinkhole impacted many students by injuring them. Also, It most likely cost the state a lot of money to repair the buildings and pay for hospital bills.
By: Edward Bloor
Fun facts about sinkholes
- the world’s biggest sinkhole is in Egypt and its 70 miles wide and 80 miles deep
- a sinkhole called the devil’s toilet bowl in Florida acts as a swimming pool for visitors.
- There are over 3,000 sinkholes along the coast of the dead sea.
Created by: Lin Kim