Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of LinkedIn (English)
- Optimize profile
- Start connecting
How to Create a
Powerful & Distinctive
1. Profile Box
Summary = Keywords!
Add links to your experience
Link work examples
to your position
Make yourself visible
Customise your URL
Use on your CV, e-mail signature etc.
Photo = 21 times more views
Drag and drop to change order of different sections
Add links to projects, your thesis etc.
More other stuff
Skills & Endorsements = Keywords!
5 skills = 17 times more views
Work Experience = Keywords!
Who's this lot?
From colleagues, bosses, professors, customers, team mates etc.
Presentation Created by
MBA HEC Montréal
Business-oriented social network
2 new members/ second
from all Fortune 500
- 88 of the
employers hired on LinkedIn
- Professional presentation
- Power your career
- Learn & Share
1. Profile Box
name - photo - headline - location & industry - URL
summary - work - honors - skills & endorsements - languages - education - volunteer - additional info - organizations - projects
Build Complete Profile
Location = 19 times more views
1. Maximum Success with LinkedIn - Dominate your Market, Build a Global Brand, and Create the Career of Your Dreams, Dan Sherman, 2013
3. LinkedIn Job Search Fundamentals, Part 1- 2, Lindsey Pollak, http://premium.linkedin.com/jobsearch/webcasts.html
4. Guide pratique pour les candidats – comment utiliser les réseaux sociaux pour sa recherche d’emploi, Mylène Pellerin & Léa Roman, Emploi Quebec, Juillet 2013
5. Sensibilisation aux médias sociaux en recherche d'emploi, Congrès automne 2013, Réseau des carrefours jeunesses-emploi du Quebec
6. How to write a killer LinkedIn profile and 18 mistakes to avoid - Brenda Bernstein, Updated for 2016
• Who you are:
• What you do :
• How you got to current position:
• Who & how you help:
• What makes you different
• Actions :
get in touch + where to find information
Why to join LinkedIn?
1. LinkedIn algorithm
2. Keyword optimization
Optimize Your Profile
- Work experience
- Other places
I list my KEYWORDS
2. Number of connection
3. Profile completeness
Test it: ''Advanced'' search box
Ways to connect
- Schools Alumni
- Group Members (posts, comments, etc.)
How to connect?
- Customized messages
AVOID OVERUSED BUZZWORDS
1. What are ''Keywords'' - Why important?
Profile words that match seekers words
Important: you can't be found without them
2. How to build my list
Employers words: job titles, skills, etc.
Look at job offers - Brainstorm -
Other profiles - Creativity
2. Where should I put keywords?
Headline - Job Title, Summary, Specialties, Interests