Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Copy of Cryptography
Transcript of Copy of Cryptography
Modern-day standard symmetric-key encryption
Developed by Belgian cryptographers Joan Daemen and Vincent Rijmen
Used by NSA for SECRET and TOP SECRET information
Increasingly used to protect information.
Can ensure Confidentiality,
Integrity and Authenticity too.
Early cryptography was solely concerned with converting messages into unreadable groups of figures to protect the message’s content during the time the message was being carried from one place to another.
In the modern era, cryptography has grown from basic message confidentiality to include some phases of message integrity checking, sender/receiver identity authentication, and digital signatures, among other things
What is CRYPTOGRAPHY?
Literature Survey on Cryptography
Eg:CEASER CIPHER (Julius Ceaser): Around 50 B.C
Eg:SCYTALE (Greeks and Spartans): 500 B.C
Message:SKY IS BLUE
C A T
3 1 20
T H E
S K Y
I S B
L U E
Eg:ENIGMA MACHINE (GERMANS): During World War 2
Eg 2:ADVANCED ENCRYPTION STANDARD (AES): Joan Daemen, Vincent Rijmen 1998
b.Symmetric key stream ciphers:
Eg: RC4 Ron Rivest 1987
Public key/Assymetric cipher:
RSA = Rivest-Shamir-Adelman 1978
Uses a one-way function (multiplying/factoring large primes)
Example of public-key encryption
the final battle ???
• WiFi Protected Access was the Wi-Fi Alliance’s direct response and replacement to the increasingly apparent vulnerabilities of the WEP standard.
• It was formally adopted in 2003, a year before WEP was officially retired.
• The most common WPA configuration is WPA-PSK (Pre-Shared Key).
• The keys used by WPA are 256-bit, a significant increase over the 64-bit and 128-bit keys used in the WEP system.
• WPA has, as of 2006, been officially superseded by WPA2.
• One of the most significant changes between WPA and WPA2 was the mandatory use of AES algorithms and the introduction of CCMP (Counter Cipher Mode with Block Chaining Message Authentication Code Protocol) as a replacement for TKIP (still preserved in WPA2 as a fallback system and for interoperability with WPA).
• The advantage of an encryption is to help keep personal information private.
• It hides the message and keep your data safe.
• No one would be able to know what it says
• Disadvantage of an
encryption can be when the
password is forgotten
information can't be accessed.
In cryptography, encryption is the process of encoding messages (or information) in such a way that third parties cannot read it, but only authorized parties can.
Encryption doesn't prevent hacking but it prevents the hacker from reading the data that is encrypted.
Plain text=Abdul Haseeb
Plain text=Abdul Haseeb