Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Group Presentation
Highlands Get here What's happening now? Get Ahead How's the future looking? Climate Change Water shortage Get Started What can we do? The future is looking rough. bottom-up Top-down Educate Get Active What can you do? Reduce Reuse Recycle A controversial collapse. Refusal to adapt. prosperous island nation A people who listen to and take care of their land. Overpopulation Get Cited Give some credit. A governing body makes decisions that take their people in a positive diection. A citizen-action oriented approach to getting the job done. By recycling half of your household waste, you can save 2,400 pounds of carbon dioxide annually. Buy second hand You could find some really cool stuff! in tupperware Pack you lunch Twenty recycled aluminium cans can be made with the energy it takes to manufacture one brand new one. Every ton of glass recycled saves the equivalent of nine gallons of fuel oil needed to make glass from virgin materials. Choose reusable over disposable. turn down thermostat in the winter, turn it up in the summer Impact our future A personal and Deforestation Invasion Carelessness rats people small knowledge impact desire take care traditions fish inuits climate practice experimentation rudimental Oil consumption 6.7 billion
(2007) 9.2 billion
(2050) The greenhouse gasses we are puming into the atmosphere now are only adding to our already unstable climate. “The U.S. average of 1,300 gallons of water per day, per citizen, is the highest use rate in the world, and some sixty times the average for many third world nations.”-James Kunstler a maximum of thirty seven years of oil left in the earth however, it takes more than one barrel’s worth of oil to pump out one barrel. Still, global consumption of all forms of energy will at least double between now and 2050 OUr Globe is: Hot Flat Crowded Earth has already warmed on average by 0.8 degrees (Celsius). CO2 levels stand at 384 ppm, climbing at rate of 2 ppm/year 5-6 degree (Celsius) difference between an ice age and an interglacial period like now United States consumes 20 million barrels of oil every day Deforestation in the tropics occurs at about an acre per second Energy consumption grew by 5% each year from 1951 to 1970 In 1900, only 14% of humanity lived in cities Species extinctions are at 100 to 1000 times the normal “background” rate World population is approximately 6.9 billion today. By the century's close, 47% of us did Today, more than half of our estimated 6.9 billion people live in cities • Diamond, Jared. Collapse. London: Penguin Books Ltd, 2006. Print.
Friedman, Thomas L. Hot, Flat, and Crowded. New York: Farrar, Straus and Giroux, 2008. Print.
• Kunstler, James. The Long Emergency. New York: Grove Press, 2005. Print.
• McKibben, Bill. Eaarth: Making a Life on a Tough New Planet. New York: Times, 2010. Print
• What Is Global Warming. 2008. Photograph. Rainforests, Rainforest Animals, Other Environmental Issues And Practical Environmental Solutions. Tropical Rainforest Animans. Web. 05 Feb. 2011. .
• And Twine, Wire. "50WaysToHelp." 50 Ways to Help the Planet. Wire and Twine. Tues. 01 Feb. 2011. .
• The Ecological Problem - Environmental Studies. 2010. Photograph. The Ecological Problem.School of Wisdom - Established by Hermann Keyserling in 1920. School of Wisdom. Web. 05 Feb. 2011. .