Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Who was Leonardo da Vinci
Transcript of Who was Leonardo da Vinci
-Date of Birth: April 15, 1452 in Vinci, Republic of Florence
-Death: May 2, 1519 ( Aged 67 years ) in Amboise, Kingdom of France
-Full Name: Leonardo di ser Piero da Vinci
- His father's name is Piero Fruosino di Antonio da Vinci and his mother's name is Caterina da Vinci.
Leonardo da Vinci 's Paintings
Early Life and Career
- Leonardo was born to unmarried parents.
da Vinci's Inspirations
-When he was a child he was very interested in nature and birds and that is what inspired the modern day airplane.
- When he was fifteen, his father apprenticed him to Andrea di Cione(also called Verrochio, which means "true eye"). Verrocchio was a sculpter, painter, goldsmith and a remarkble craftsmen
- After completing his apprenticeship, he stayed as an assistant at Verrocchio's workshop
- In his early years he spent living on his father's family property in Vinci.
- He was raised by his father, Ser Piero and several stepmothers
This........ is his home.
-Leonardo da Vinci is the best known painter because of his legendary works including the Mona Lisa, The Vitruvian Man, The Creation of Adam and The Last Supper.
-He filled dozens of secret notebooks with inventions, observations and theories about aeronautics to anatomy.
-The combination of intelligence and imagination allowed him to create his inventions as the bicycle, the helicopter and an airplane based on the physiology and flight
I'm your Masta Andrea di Cione.... Boiiiiiiii
- Anatomy - the branch of science concerned with the bodily structure of humans, animals, and other living organisms
- Aeronautic - the science or practice of travel through the air.
The Mona Lisa is priceless but if you were to put a price on it would be $436 000 000.00 + HST
- His drawings included plans for musical instruments, war machines, calculators, boats and other ideas. Many of people at that time didn't understand da Vinci's blueprints
✫ - He made, for the first time ever, a design of an armored tank, and considered it to be the ultimate war machine.
- the map that he made of the Commune of Imola in the Italian province of Bologna, is regarded as one of the most accurate maps of the region till date.
- He was known to draw a single flower several times in his journals, each time from a different angle.
- Though the first helicopter was made in the 1940's, da Vinci was the first to think abut how the ariel screw worked
- As a child Leonardo was imensely curious and wanted to learn how nature worked.