Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
SOAN101 W15 Out of Africa: The Genus Homo
Transcript of SOAN101 W15 Out of Africa: The Genus Homo
H. Habilis & H. Rudolfensis
What relationship does H. Habilis have with H. Erectus?
Where was H. Erectus on the food chain? Were they cannibals?
How does H. Florensis challenge the claim that H. Erectus was the first out of Africa?
Out of Africa: AMH
--Where did Neandertal come from?
--Who was H. Heidelbergensis?
Were Neandertal unintelligent and unsuccessful as a species? Why did they die out?
What relationship does Neandertal have with H. Sapiens?
Why is this image problematic?
"The March of Progress"
H. Habilis P. Boisei
What relationship do they have?
hunting/gathering, long legs, long distance walking, endurance, larger cranial capacity, tool use
Why leave Africa? What were their adaptive strategies?
Europeans & Asians share 2.5% of DNA with Neandertal