Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Completing the Cone
Transcript of Completing the Cone
Fact or Fallacy
1) Get the horn in tune.
2) Measure how much of the neck is inserted into the mouthpiece.
3) Measure the volume of the neck.
4) Measure the volume of the mouthpiece.
5) Measure the neck radii.
6) Calculate the theoretical mouthpiece volume.
measured volume = 24ml
24.0 - 6.86 = 17.1
a theoretical 14.9
This is our saxophone
7) Calculate the effective mouthpiece volume.
1 2 3 4 5
(1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 5)/5
Mean or Average
A Whirlwind Tour of Statistics
patrons - 48
median - $43,500
mean - $42,140
patrons - 52
median - $42,950
mean - $5,750,019,786
Problems with the analysis
Reliance on individual player's skill in tuning (Maybe alto and tenor players always play sharp?)
Small sample size
Measurement resolution (scale only measured to the nearest gram)
Faulty geometric assumptions