Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Metals v Non-metals
Transcript of Metals v Non-metals
To know the properties of metals
To know the differences between metals and non-metals
Metal particles are held together by strong metallic bonds, which is why they have high melting and boiling points. The loose electrons in metals can all move together through the metal – creating an electric current.
List the 7 properties of metals
Now some questions..
Questions 1 & 2 page 173
Metals v non-metals
The physical properties of different metals make them useful for different purposes. For example, aluminium conducts heat, which makes it a useful material for making saucepans and gold is shiny, which makes it an attractive material for jewellery.
Watch Mr Harvey