Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
A SUNNY DAY IN BOURNEMOUTH
Transcript of A SUNNY DAY IN BOURNEMOUTH
At the Bournemouth International Centre
Return on investment
Thank you for listening
A businesses role is to raise money from members of the public, and from other investors, and to invest it (McLaney, 2009);
the principle of finance is concerned with everything to do with obtaining money for an organisation and recording and controlling how that money is being spent. (Raj, 2009)
By looking at competitors we are using a competitive-pricing strategy in order to give the BIC a competitive advantage , however we are also using psychological pricing with our tickets priced at £14.99 as opposed to £15.
Confidence Camps - Holiday Camps
Land & Wave Summer Holidays Adventure
Priced £20 - £42
We have generated an event orientated around the idea of " A Sunny Day in Winter” at the Bournemouth International Conference Centre for individuals aged 11–15 years old in order to encourage interactive activities and fun.
Our event is a hawaiin themed day filled with fun sport activities, which enhance the idea of a healthy active lifestyle. The event will be branded 'A sunny day in winter'; and will also include the chance for children to get involved with arts and crafts. Through out our event we will incorporate our hawaiin theme from the decor to the 'surfer-style' staff, whilst also creating a event for the children to engage, have fun and build friendships.
Secondary School - Ages 11-15
11 schools in the Bournemouth, Poole and Boscombe area that matched our target market including Special Schools.
This gives us the opportunity to target approximately 11,000 pupils.
(av 200 per year group, 5 years group, 11 schools)
'A sunny day in winter' will have a variety of fun exciting activities for the children to get involved in, including:
'Wave rider' Our very own surf simulator 'ride the waves'.
'Break free to the sea' which will be a inflatable bungee run.
'The arts and crafts station'.
'The break-out zone'
aGED 11-15 YEARS OLD
Mintel shows that kids and teens agree that they spend too much time involved in electronic activities.
Create a Sport Orientated event to get children active, targeting the health and obesity issues in Bournemouth.
Include artistic elements to allow them to engage in creative mental processes.
Create an experience out of the ordinary and take them away from the comfort of their everyday routines.
Increase consumer leisure spend, as currently as little as 7%.
Work towards the aims of BH Live, Bournemouth Council and Bournemouth Trust 2026.
Create events for the target market, with over '1.6 million visits are made to the four leisure centres each year', we believe we can increase this when including our market.
According to Mintel “Childhood obesity for 10-11 year olds stand at 18%, Teen obesity has nearly tripled from 1971 to 2010 to 18.4%”
As well as this 3,310 children living within their school's walking threshold in the South West still travel to school by car...
Bournemouth Gov' state that with the aim to encourage 75% of children, we can enhance healthy activities by 13.1%
In 2004, the Chief Medical Officer’s report states that;
‘Children and young people should achieve a total of at least 60 minutes of at least
moderate intensity physical activity each day’
Benefits of ARTS AND CRAFT
Fine Motor Co-ordination
Timing for our event
Self Esteem Booster
Bonding and Fun
Our event will take place on the 9th and 10th of November 2014.
8:30-opening staff arrive and set the event.
11:00-11:30 children will arrive to sign up and will then be given a welcome talk, and a small sports warm up with music.
11:30-12:00 children will be allocated into groups for the day and will take part in the first activity of the day.
12:00-12:30 second activity.
12:30-1:15 children will have their lunch and enter the 'break out zone'
1:15-1:45 arts and crafts and snacks given out.
1:45-2:15 third activity.
2:15-2:45 final activities.
2:45-3:00 'break out zone' and awards for surf design competition.
3:00 parents collect children.
3:00-5:00- Staff clean up and break down.
"Brainstorming produces significantly better outcomes than through non-brainstorming instructions" (Medow, at el. 1959)
Assumption Reversal is an ideation technique, which ideas are triggered from assumptions that are reversed from those ruling the current situation. (Mok, 2010)
269 Tickets to be sold
134 Tickets per day
If All tickets are sold..
250 per day
Broaden Customer Database and Target Market Area
To generate a profit of at least 10%
Similar events in the future, after success of the Pilot Weekend
Work towards BH Live's Principles
Bringing Children and the community residents together
BH Live's Principles
Develop and Expand Sport and Physical Activities
Work with Partners (Bournemouth Council) to promote healthy living and wellbeing
Ensure residents have active and healthy lifestyles (Bournemouth 2026 Trust 2013
"A Gantt chart, commonly used in project management, is one of the most popular and useful ways of showing activities (tasks or events) displayed against time."
Ways of Marketing...
Visits into Local Schools
Ticket through BIC
Raj, R. Walters, P and Rashid, T. 2009 Events Management: An Integrated and Practical Approach. London: SAGE Publications LTD
• McLaney, E. 2009. Business Finance Theory and Practice [online]. 8th Edition. Essex, England. Pearson Education Ltd.
• Mintel, 2013. Activities of kids and teens. Available from http://store.mintel.com/activities-of-kids-and-teens-us-november-2013 [Accessed 04/04/2014]
• Medow, A., Arizona, U., Parnes SJ., Reese, H. 1959. Journal of Applied Psychology. Vol 43(6), Dec, 1959. pp. 413-416. Available from: http://ehis.ebscohost.com/ [Accessed 04 April 2014].
• Bournemouth and Poole Council. 2010. Bournemouth and Poole Physical education, sport and physical activity strategy for children and young people. Bournemouth: Bournemouth Council. Available from: www.bournemouth.gov.uk. [Accessed 04/04/2014]
• Bournemouth and Poole Council. 2012. Bournemouth and Poole Health & Well being Strategy. Poole: Poole Council. Available from: www.poole.gov.uk. [Accessed 04/04/2014]
• BH Live,. 2014. Facts and Figures; BH Live [online]. BH Live. Available from: http://www.bhlive.co.uk/about-us/facts-and-figures/. [Accessed on 04/04/2014]
• Key Note,. 2010. Recession Alters Consumers Spend on Leisure Activities [online]. Available from: http://www.keynote.co.uk/media-centre/in-the-news/display/recession-alters-consumers-choice-of-leisure-activities/?articleId=513. [Accessed on 04/04/2014]
• Bournemouth Gov, 2011. Healthy Weight for Children and Young People Strategy [online]. Bournemouth. V1.0
• Weichman, L,. 2012. 5 Developmental Benefits of Arts and Crafts [online]. North Shore Paediatric Therapy. Available from: http://nspt4kids.com/parenting/5-developmental-benefits-of-arts-and-crafts/. [Accessed 04/04/2014]
• Gantt, 2012. What is a Gantt Chart? [online]. Available from: http://www.gantt.com/. [Accessed 04/04/2014]
• Mok, A., 2010. Reverse Assumption Method [online]. Available from: http://www.slideshare.net/xiaohao/reverse-assumption-method [Accessed 4th April 2014]