Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Freedom in Christ: Free from my Shame
Transcript of Freedom in Christ: Free from my Shame
Free from my Shame
Will a Christian Continue in Sin because they are under grace? (vs. 15)
No, because they are now slaves to Christ. (vs. 16-18)
Since you are slaves to Christ, present your bodies to Him for sanctification. (vs. 18-20)
So, how does one slavery differ from the other?
Slavery to Christ differs from Slavery to Sin in Three Key Ways
Shame vs. Sanctification
Death vs. Life
Wages vs. Gift
(A Theology of Shame)
Shame Enters the World
Dealing with Shame
There is shame that is the result of our sin.
There is shame that is the result of the sin of others.
There is shame that is the result of living in a sin fallen world.
Shame is a deep sense of sorrow where we feel alienated from community.
The 'Already Not Yet' of Shame
Covering Ourselves with Avoidance
Covering Ourselves with Self-Righteousness
Covering Ourselves with Forgetfulness
The Great and True Cloak
Sanctification covers shame with the Gospel
Sanctification covers shame with Righteousness
Sanctification covers shame with Community