Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Theology of the Body, Unit 1: Created for Love
Transcript of Theology of the Body, Unit 1: Created for Love
What is the purpose of life?
Rad's SWIMSUIT EDITION!
VIDEO: Can Modesty Make a Comeback?
ACTIVITY: Swimsuit v. Underwear Cut Outs
What did you observe?
What is the purpose of your body?
Before we answer how TOB responds to these topics,
what IS it exactly?
Have you ever...
stand on your desk - yes
crawl under your desk - no
thought about why you exist?
thought about the purpose of your body?
wondered about sex or sexuality in general?
Why do/did we need TOB?
Because society has become ________________ the value or our body and sexuality.
Example 2: Beauty and Body Image
Ads... what the heck!
Target photshop: http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/fashion/target-photoshops-thigh-gap-model-article-1.1717747
So... what DOES TOB say about our purpose for existence and our sexuality?
WHY WE'RE HERE:
answer lies in our bodies
made in God's image
___________ of persons
WHAT WE'RE MADE FOR:
__________ and ____________
best fulfillment of this is heaven!
Thus... **We will never understand ourselves if we do not give of ourselves to others.
Thus... **WE are made for communion with others; "not meant to be alone"
Theology of the Body:
_____ Wednesday audiences from 1979-1984 by __________
discuss the _______ ________ and sexuality
_________ - study of God
Soooo TOB is...
Discuss in your families:
How does our culture answer these questions?
"Haters why you hatin'"
true - grab a friend and pick her up!
false - wall squat
1. An individual can only FULLY discover herself through being a sincere gift to others.
2. An individual discovers himself fully when she is alone and dependent only on herself.
3. Questioning sexuality is normal.
how you doin'?
the current condition
desensitization of sexuality
'frog in the pot' complex
I Love Lucy
So what's the big deal with being desensitized? I can do what I want!
Because we don't feel like this anymore:
Is there a better way to view our bodies and purposes?
God v. Culture
which will we believe?
What about when we, women, objectify in the same way?
7. Magazine Analysis