Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Procedural Writing
What is included in a procedural text?
Goal of text
Method - Steps needed to complete the task or use the product.
Evaluation - How do you know you have completed your goal?
Language to Use
Action verbs -
turn, mix, put, stir
Linking words to do with time -
first, next, finally
Precise vocabulary related to the task. (For example, cooking words in a recipe).
Let’s Look at an Example...
Here’s a quick and easy recipe to make a smooth, creamy and delicious treat – a banana shake!
1 banana 2 bowls
1 cup milk 1 fork 1 spoon
1 scoop vanilla ice cream 1 glass
1. First, pour the milk into 1 bowl.
2. Next, peel the banana and mash it with the fork in the other
3. Then, add the banana to the milk.
4. Add the ice cream.
5. Next, beat the mixture with spoon until it is smooth.
6. Finally, pour mixture into glass.
7. Clean up dishes.
Now you have a yummy, smooth banana shake to enjoy with your
favourite meal or snack!
Make sure your instructions are detailed and clear!
What is the Purpose?
To give instructions, or tell someone how to do something.
Can you think of some examples?
how to manuals
Adapted from: http://mrsjwalrus.edublogs.org/files/2011/04/Procedural-Writing-Powerpoint-15h7x35.pdf