Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
HISTORY OF VIDEO GAMES
Transcript of HISTORY OF VIDEO GAMES
games have been created for. Discuss how different machines and
platforms affected the growth of the industry. Mention some of the
earliest machines such as Atari and the Commodore 64.
History of Video Games
3. What video game(s) started the popularity of video games? Why were
those games popular?
Pac-Man. It was one of the first games to hit arcades. Before that, there was Arkanoid and Space Invaders. Compared to those games, the graphics of Pac-Man were absolutely gorgeous. It was in color And to be fair, the game play was pretty clever - even now, it's a fun game to kill half an hour.
These were popular because video games were new in general and people loved the idea of interacting with a program that was fun and exciting.
6. Discuss the present trends in video games.
Indicate which genres are
popular now and what machines are
being used today. You should have
information from those in the industry,
but you can also have your own opinion.
First person shooters are for sure one of the most popular genres in the world of video games.
Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and apparently the Wii U are what many people are using in their living rooms as of today.
As the industry has grown it has also been reduced to a smaller number of ‘core’ genres. However the core of the gaming market remains the super-genres: MMORPGs, FPSs, sports games, action games and somewhat declining, but real-time strategy games. There are some differences among the structure of these genre’s popularity on PC and consoles. From NIKOLA VASILJEVIC.
1. "Main Page." Wikipedia. Wikimedia Foundation, 18 Nov. 2013. Web. 18 Nov. 2013. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_video_game
2. "Thomas T. Goldsmith Jr., a TV Technology Pioneer, Dies at 99." N.p., n.d. Web. http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/15/arts/television/15goldsmith.html
3. "Why Was PAC Man so Popular in the 80s?" Yahoo! Answers. Yahoo!, n.d. Web. 20 Nov. 2013. <http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=1006053101664>
4. "Amazing Facts and Figures about the Evolution of Hard Disk Drives." Royal Pingdom RSS. N.p., n.d. Web. 20 Nov. 2013.http://royal.pingdom.com/2010/02/18/amazing-facts-and-figures-about-the-evolution-of-hard-disk-drives/
"Hongkiat.com." Hongkiatcom RSS. N.p., n.d. Web. 21 Nov. 2013. <http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/evolution-of-home-video-game-consoles-1967-2011/>.
5. "List25." List25. N.p., n.d. Web. 20 Nov. 2013. <http://list25.com/25-most-popular-video-games-ever/?view=all>
"Video Game Consoles Review." Video Game Consoles 2014. N.p., n.d. Web. 20 Nov. 2013. http://video-game-consoles-review.toptenreviews.com
6. "Dominant Video Game Genres – Why Are They so Appealing? | GfK Insights Blog." GfK Insights Blog. N.p., n.d. Web. 21 Nov. 2013.
7.Noer, Michael. "The Future Of Videogames." Forbes. Forbes Magazine, n.d. Web. 21 Nov. 2013.
THE HISTORY OF VIDEO GAMES
Andrew Truax Alex Hall
2. Who had created the first Video Game?
Thomas T. Goldsmith, Jr. a pioneer of television technology who with his boss, Allen B. DuMont, and others in the nascent industry perfected the cathode ray tube that eventually let little wooden boxes with grainy black-and-white screens bring moving images into millions of homes.
Died on March 5, 2009 at his home in Lacey, Washington at the age of 99.
7. Discuss the future of video games and what directions that a video game designer might consider when creating a new game. Give your own personal views about where video games are heading, but also views of those currently in the industry.
In the future, more of society will get habituated to video games and it will become one of today's normal lifestyles (as to playing games at a daily basis).
As a gamer, the designer should feature what he/she and the community demands or desires from video games.
The smartest game makers are also “thinking outside the screen.” In 10 years, mashing buttons to control on-screen avatars will no longer be enough. Gamers will insist on being able to “feel” a game, or to “move” realistically within it. We already have force-feedback steering wheels, guitar-shaped controllers and pressure-sensitive dance pads. In the future, expect much more. From Michael Noer.
1. The Cathode Ray Tube Amusement "The World’s First Video Game Is “Tennis for Two”." Livbit RSS. N.p., n.d. Web. 21 Nov. 2013.
2. Thomas T. Goldsmith "Thomas T. Goldsmith Jr., a TV Technology Pioneer, Dies at 99." N.p., n.d. Web
4. "The History of the Xbox." Digital Trends. N.p., n.d. Web. 21 Nov. 2013.http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/the-history-of-the-xbox/
Ewalt, David M. "Live Stream: Sony PlayStation 4 Event in New York City." Forbes. Forbes Magazine, 20 Feb. 2013. Web. 21 Nov. 2013.
"Paul's TV Tech Forum & Community." Paul's TV Tech Forum & Community. N.p., n.d. Web. 21 Nov. 2013.
"Commodore 64." - Wikipedia. N.p., n.d. Web. 21 Nov. 2013.
"Wikia." Nintendo. N.p., n.d. Web. 22 Nov. 2013. <http://nintendo.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_systems>.
"Throwback Reviews Podcast." Throwback Reviews Podcast. N.p., n.d. Web. 22 Nov. 2013. <http://throwbackreviews.com/?tag=atari-2600>
"Amiga." Wikipedia. Wikimedia Foundation, 17 Nov. 2013. Web. 22 Nov. 2013. <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amiga>.
"Sega Genesis." Wikipedia. Wikimedia Foundation, 22 Nov. 2013. Web. 22 Nov. 2013. <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sega_Genesis>.
7. "Here's What Happened When We Strapped A Bunch Of People Into The Oculus Rift Virtual Reality Headset." Business Insider. N.p., n.d. Web. 22 Nov. 2013.
5. Discuss trends in video games over the years with emphasis on the popular games throughout the history of video games. Show evidence of why these games were popular. Tell us what genres of games were popular at different times and why. (Why is not that they were popular, but more about the circumstance of the time period.)
Street Fighter, Half-Life 2, Pac-man, Doom, Halo 2, Need For Speed, Mortal Kombat, and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare are still popular.
What they all have in common is containing violent content especially Pac-man in a way.
First person shooters like halo 2 and half-life 2 were extremely popular video games over a long period of time (especially Half-life 2) because they were both interactive and had a tremendous breathtaking storyline. people went absolutely crazy over Halo 2's dual-wielding.
1. What was the first Video Game ever?
The Cathode Ray Tube Amusement Device.
The game was a rocket simulator encouraged by radar displays from World War II.
The first machine used for games was an oscilloscope. Magnavox was big in the 70's making consoles but died down towards the 80's.
Coleco, Sega, Atari and Nintendo were popular in the 80's. In the early 90's 3D and CD's made their debut, Commodore came back with the Amiga but went bankrupt in 1994. Then Sony Appeared with the Playstation 2, Microsoft with the Xbox and Nintendo with the Gamecube. These 3 companies are currently the most popular.