Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Field Study of the Piti Mangroves
Transcript of Field Study of the Piti Mangroves
Sasa Bay Marine Preserve
Map of the Area
& its inhabitants
Sting ray (???)
Nursery - Productivity
Water filtration - Flood control
Tens of thousands of birds, mammals, fish and other wildlife depend on estuaries.
Coastal wetlands found in tropical and subtropical regions
thrive in hot, muddy, and salty conditions
Can best be recognized by their dense tangled prop roots that make the trees appear to be standing on stilts above water.
can be sandy/muddy
Mud - combo of silt and clay
Anoxic - due to bacterial respiration
Rotten egg smell - hydrogen sulfide produced by anaerobic bacteria
Rich in matter and nutrients