Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Separation Methods
What kind of mixture?
only for suspensions
for solutions & suspensions
for solid/solid mixtures
one of the solids is dissolving the other isn't
for mixtures of liquids & solutions
mixture of colours
difference in boiling point
3 fractionating column
6 water in
7 water out
difference in particles sizes
difference in solubility
at boiling point
difference in solubility & adhesion to the paper
How to calculate Rf value?
Rf value =
Distance from Baseline traveled by Solute
Distance from Baseline traveled by Solvent (Solvent Front)
Rf red = = 0,6
salt stays behind
some substances dissolve,
alcohol evaporates at
boiling point (78 C)
water stays behind